Monday, February 4, 2013

My 'Hide A Camper' Cabin

I've been toying with the idea of building a false front to disguise a camper trailer to look more like a cabin. I see cheap campers I could gut and remodel if necessary, but they are usually really ugly outside as well. My thinking is a deck and false front would hide the ugly exterior and a covering over the whole thing would resolve any future leaky roof issues and serve as additional 'living' area if I screen it in. I did these drawings using SketchUp from Google, it's free and easier to use than expensive cad programs. 



I'm sure there are ways to build something like this to fit most any camper, maybe larger screened windows on the false front? If this were on a vacation property somewhere I could imagine adding a bedroom, maybe even a funky semi-outdoor shower. We could pull a small camper up and basically 'dock' to our little cabin in the woods. Just thinking out loud..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment