Friday, February 13, 2015

Bus Conversion - Febuary's Progress

I stained the plywood floor with a walnut stain from Cabot, and used natural stain mixed with a small amount of the walnut on the pine plank wanscotting. Also added a daybed.


This unfinished cabinet I used here, had water stains and dark spots that needed to be covered. I just used regular old craft paints to hide the discoloration and add a punch of color. I then used the walnut stain over the entire thing (except the sides which need to be covered first).
I got a little heavy on the paint in places, but I'll sand some spots and touch it up later. Overall I'm quite pleased.


Searching for the right sink before we cut it into the counter top, which is just plywood stained 'walnut'. It may not be the permanent counter top as I'm considering adding a couple of feet over one end to cover the refrigerator, or use as a small pantry.
 

Looking at the cabinet behind my son and husband in the picture below you can see the colors don't stand out as much as the pictures make it appear.


I'm doing almost everything myself but had help getting the self-tapping screws thru the wood and into the metal floor below.


Hamilton Beach mini refrigerator from Walmart should be all I need for my roadtrips.


It cost apx $150. They had models as low as $119, and in the past I've seen them as low as $89, but I really wanted the two-door style, figuring I'm in and out of the refrigerator refilling my 'sweet tea' so often. Not to mention the freezer compartment is bigger than the single door styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment