Monday, June 9, 2014

Light Progress On The Conversion

'Light progress' only because it looks light, I've worked my but off. It's mostly been just an awful lots of prep work. I got most everything out except the cabinet and front seat braces. I still need someone to crawl under the bus and hold it while I wrench it loose from the top. I scrubbed down everything with soapy water and what little rust I found, I cleaned up with a grinder before I wiped it down again with acetone then I primed it with a white Rustoleum.

It really lightened it up, and at least for now, I just can't imagine covering any windows. I need to finish getting the rear heater out. I'm concerned about disconnecting the wiring, so have stopped to 'educate' myself better first. It's connected to the front control panel and I would like to re-purpose those wires to run something else.... so I'm reading up.

The floor is next, then wood wainscotting goes below the windows. The electrical runs above the windows behind an ugly cover. I'm looking for a more attractive way to hide it and along with a track to hide some ambiance lighting. I'm ready to go with a electrical outlet or a generator, but I want solar led lighting as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment